Bullying Prevention Program for Whole-School Change
Age Group: Preschool, Elementary, Intermediate
Format: Two 60-minute workshops for elementary level (format adjustments for preschool and intermediate)
Theme: Learn about and prevent bullying at school
Strategies: Constructive strategies for intervening, reflections on bullying, peer support, getting adult support
Pedagogy: Discussion, role play, games and exercises
- The CAP Project is a prerequisite for ACT
- ACT is available in adapted format for preschool, elementary and junior high school students.
- Students will have access to short review sessions with facilitators following their workshops.
- Schools receiving the ACT program will also participate in 1 parent workshop (prior to students’ sessions), and 2 staff workshops (staff who have participated COPA’s Power to Change workshop do not need to participate in these)
- Schools receiving the program will also participate in distribution of school climate survey with focus on bullying, as well as two committee meetings led by COPA team.